The AK 100 is a strapping head designed to be used in combination with various steel strapping sizes ranging from 13 to 19 mm.
The head is used in fully automatic strapping installations and is suitable for a variety of applications in the steel, brick, block, lumber and general packaging industry.
- Machined one piece aluminium casting. Robust design.
- Fully electrical head
- One power source (0,55 kW)
- Off-centre construction for easy access to all replacement and service parts
- Unique strap feeding system which reduces the number of strap jams considerably
- Large feed wheel for better tension transmission
- Adjustable strap tension (6500 N max.)
- Adjustable punch depth
- Controllable strap overlap
- A minimum number of replacement and wearing parts
- Low noise level of 65 dBa
- Strap feed-and take-up speed of 1,25 m/s
- Easy to maintain
- Min.packface: 125 mm. (AK-100)
It is the universal head which answers the needs of the steel packing system widely, with the high performance can designate rearrangement as three joint systems. High speed the strap feed, the little consumption, being lightweight by high tightening power, and low air pressure it is the head which possesses compact appearance, and patent many and is superior.
At the heart of Signode’s machinery is the proven M410 strapping head
Its flexible, modular design and range of joint options, including seal, sealless or spot weld, enable the M400 to meet the demands of an extremely wide variety of applications.
Bar and tube bundling
For bar and tube bundling, we manufacture the M410-BRP Series steel strapping machines. Depending on the model, these machines may be installed in a fixed position or on top of a transfer car for round or square products.
Circumferential coil packaging systems
The M410 and AK Head, CH Series circumferential coil packaging systems are designed for strapping large diameter flat rolled steel coils. Models are available for coils with a horizontal axis that is in-line with conveyor travel and for coils that are perpendicular to conveyor flow.
Automatic coil labelling is available as an integrated feature within our range of automatic strapping machines.
Through-the-eye coil strapping
Through-the-eye, or radial, coil strapping is performed by our M410-EH Series strapping machines. These machines feature a retracting strapping head carriage and pivoting strap chutes to provide convenient, in-line strapping of hot rolled steel coils.